Thursday, April 5, 2012

Thoughts on Sonia M'Barek's Concert


It has been over a week since my husband and I attended the concert featuring Tunisian singer, Sonia M’Barek, but I have not been able to get the wonderful experience out of my mind!

It was truly beautiful – the song choices, Sonia and the orchestra’s amazing talent, and most remarkably the collaboration with the Keystone State Boychoir.  To hear the kids singing in Arabic was pleasant and moving, bringing me to tears. To me, it perfectly embodied Al-Bustan’s mission of highlighting Arab culture to overcome misconceptions. It is particularly important to engage young people in this mission, which Al-Bustan does so successfully through such performance activities and its summer camp.

Al-Bustan has been dear to my heart from its birth ten years ago for serving as a positive representative of Arab culture in a broader community dialogue. I am constantly impressed and continue to look forward to future events!

Dr. Nawal Khafaji

No comments:

Post a Comment